Friday, February 18, 2011

Similes + Metaphors + Personification = Figurative Language

1. Write a metaphor about each of the following themes:
   a. Love is a bruise after a day of hard work.
   b. Hate can be a monkey on your back.
   c. Life is a movie that never ends.
   d. Friendship is the string holding me to Earth.

2. Write a simile about each of the following items:
   a. Community meetings is like an ipod on reply for the day.
   b. Passes is like a getaway from SPA.
   c. The gym is like the sweets I love.
   d. My house is like a circus with no ringleader.

3. Write a sentence about each of the following objects using personification.
   a. The Moon was laughing at the children running in the dark.
   b. Mr.Flower was mad at the bee sitting on his face.
   c. My phone was yelling at me to answer a text.
   d. The car was impaient at the red light.

2 comments: