Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Autobiographical Narrative Final Draft" OR "Biographical Narrative Final Draft


 Jennifer C.
  English 10
Period 2  
Biographical Narrative
All about Desiree
Everyone knows who this person is, she walks around with a smile  and says “Hey”  happily to everyone she walks by.  Just by being with her  makes people feel better and make peoples’ days; this person is Desiree.  She started out as a staff here, and soon became Girls one House Social worker.  They later moved her to Girls 101, the honor house.  Desiree is always standing up for students, and tries to fix any issues she encounters.  She supports everyone, by going to their sports games, talents shows, practices, and much more.  She is always there when you need her the most.

It was 3:00 after school; I was helping my staff decorate the house.  I was putting up the curtains when one of the girls in my house came into my house and started to yell at me and was being rude.  Desiree had barely just walked in, she was dressed for the weird weather of San Pasqual Academy; she had noticed what was going on so she called me outside.  When she took me outside the first thing I noticed was her perfect make-up; she never wore any shades that didn’t match with her, to me it she looked like she had just left from a beauty salon.  The caring look on her face was gentle; she always wore this facial expression when she saw me sad or mad.  She talked to me for a while then listened to me as I vented to her.  When I was done she gave me a strong hug; I could smell the freshness of her skin and the tanning spray, like she just showered.  When she released, I didn't feel any anger in me anymore.

Around 5:00PM One Monday,  Desiree and I met on the table by my house, we were doing our weekly meetings.  She smiled at me and asked  me about how my day was and if there was anything new in my life.  There was always something new in my life, but most of the time it was about the drama in the house, she never liked it and always tried to get up to be kind to each other.  She had her usual cucumber water and a salad from my  house, she always ate salads, it made me want one too.  It was just me and her in the court yard, she liked it without anyone being able to listen to us, and she knew that I would open up and tell her things without having to worry.  We talked for about an hour and a half, because she had to leave.  Usually she let me go over our time limit she understood that sometimes I needed to let everything out.  As we were walking back to the house she looks at me and smiles, her smile makes me smile too.  Her emotion usually had that effect on me, whatever she felt rubbed off on me  and I would feel the same way.  Every time after we would meet, I would  always feel lighter and happy in the end.

It was Saturday at 10:00 AM, Desiree walked into the house.  She as smiling wearing her work out pants, a tank top, and her running shoes tied on tight.  She had her usual cucumber water in her cup, she smiled at me and asked if I was going to go hiking with her and Amy.  I couldn't say no to her, the feeling she brought into the house made me want to go onto a  hike.  While I got ready she talked to everyone in the house, no one was mad everyone was happy.  We were ready to go, when we got into the car she looked right at me and “No complaining this time.”  I always complained on the hikes, we both just laughed at it.  She left me in a bubbly mood and it got me super excited to go on this hike with them.

Thanks to Desiree I now walk with stronger steps, I can cope with my issues better, and I know what is wrong and what is right.  She has taught  me to be such a great person.  I have learned all this because she has shown to me that someone, an adult can truly care about youth in the foster system.  I love her for her, she is the closest young adult to me I thank her for working here at SPA and for caring for every single person that lives at San Pasqual Academy.  Desiree is a nice person, she has helped so many people to become the best that they can be, and tried to help many succeed.  Desiree has become my hero and I look up to her all the time.  I hope that I am like her one day and that I can be just as great as her!  Desire is a caring person that everyone loves and enjoys to have around.

No comments:

Post a Comment