Monday, February 13, 2012

Imagery in Poetry Blog Post Paragraph

As my feet hit the ground
And the sweat runs down my face
The heat outside it like the sun itself
I look to rest
Under the great oak tree as old as time
As I sit I unzip my bag
I pull out the ice cold drink
As I hear the hiss as I pop it open
My mouth waters as if I swallowed a ocean
Soon the tatse of a watermelon flows down my thraot
The cold juice is like a shield to this heat
As they battle like World War 1
I feel the cold as it beats the heat
I lay back and look to the sky
My eyes close and I fall into a deep slumber
As if I was a bear going into winter hibernation
Waiting to be awakened by the great heat
For I know it will return

3 comments:

  1. Wooaaah Jennifer this was great! Good rhyme scheme and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me want to take a nap under a shady tree on a warm day! Great use of sensory details, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete